The CMTS Edge Max is a DOCSIS 3.1/3.0/2.0 Cable Modem Termination System targeted for medium to large-size deployments to provide two-way data services on a coaxial network with multi-Gigabit bandwidth. It supports a downstream throughput using a 4096-QAM and 25 kHz subcarrier spacing of up to 1.89 Gbit/s per 192 MHz OFDM channel. The upstream throughput possible is 0.94 Gbit/s per 96 MHz OFDMA channel. Six (6) OFDM and two (2) OFDMA channels are supported.
The ability of the CMTS Edge Max to operate in “Mixed-Mode” provides the flexibility to service DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 modems simultaneously. This offers a convenient means of migration to DOCSIS 3.1 with gradual or partial deployments of DOCSIS 3.1 modems to aid in controlling upgrade expenditures. Mixed-Mode deployments enable multi-tier Gigabit data services you can leverage for enhanced data services to specific residents, guest rooms, or public spaces.
- DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 3.1/3.0/2.0 compatible
- 1RU 19” chassis with dual redundant power supplies – hot-swappable
- Mixed-Mode feature supports simultaneous operation of DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 cable modems
- Two Upstream Service Groups supported
- Supports 500 cable modems in Mixed-Mode*
- Intuitive and easy-to-use GUI and CLI interfaces
- Prioritizes network traffic with QoS
- Layer-2 / 3 VLAN Support
- L2VPN Support for Business Service Over DOCSIS (BSOD)
- Real-time CM and CPE Info
- Upstream Spectrum Monitoring
- Automatic Modem Frequency Hopping
- Dynamic Modem Load Balancing
- Internal DHCP server for modems only
- Dual-Stacked IPv4/IPv6 capability
- Bundle multiple QAM channels for multicast video delivery
Learn more about downloading the latest updates from our Firmware FTP
or subscribe to receive future
update notification emails.
Share this page: