The specialized Drake SDE24EAS encoder module digitizes legacy analog EAS receivers for digital distribution. EAS is a national public warning system in the United States. The system may be used by federal, state or local authorities to deliver important emergency information. EAS or any “All Call” system is designed to override all channels with the EAS or “All Call” information. Most EAS or “All Call” systems have been analog-based. The EAS receiver activates the Drake EH244 Q-IP encoder host EAS or “All Call” mode by providing a contact closure. Once EAS is activated the Encoder Host will replace all PIDS with the encoded EAS message from the SDE24EAS encoder so that all programs contain the message.
- Digitally Encodes to MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264
- Encodes to resolutions of 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i
- Audio Encoding to Dolby® Digital or MPEG1-Layer2
- Supports Closed Captioning
- GUI-based Remote Network Control and Monitoring
- 2-to-1 HD Program Encodes offer greater bandwidth efficiency
- Compact Single 1RU Rack Space chassis for economical footprint
- MPEG-4/H.264 compression for lower bit rate consumption
- GUI-based Remote Control for Ease of Use
|8 × 1.375 × 3.25 in
Learn more about downloading the latest updates from our Firmware FTP
or subscribe to receive future
update notification emails.
Share this page: