The MDDM-860 is a digital demodulator and decoder that receives one input in ATSC 8VSB (digital off-air) or “clear” QAM (digital cable) format and delivers one NTSC composite analog video and stereo audio output.
The unit allows delivery of a digital off-air program to viewers with an analog TV set. It also enables operators to cherry-pick channels from a clear QAM cable lineup.
Headends processing analog broadcasts using Blonder Tongue’s MIDM demodulators and MICM modulators can be upgraded seamlessly to process digital broadcasts by simply replacing the MIDM with a MDDM. The MDDM-860 is part of the HE-12 and HE-4 Series.
- Compact design allows for deployment of 6 channels (6 MDDM modules + 6 MICM modulators) in 2RU
- NTSC Composite Analog Video output is in 480i format and supports Closed Captioning (EIA-608)
- Input standards supported are digital off-air (8VSB) and digital cable (ITU-B QAM 64 and 256)
- Scans all 8VSB or QAM channels and stores in memory for quick channel selection
- Demodulates HDTV/SDTV digital signals to NTSC video and analog L/R audio
- On-site firmware updates/status monitoring available through front-panel
- Die-cast Chassis Offers Superior Protection against Ingress or Egress
- Adjustable picture sizes for 16:9 to 4:3 image conversion
- Supports Mono, Stereo, and SAP audio modes
Option 2, Option 5, Option 7