Blonder Tongue Laboratories currently has a product management opportunity for a candidate with a BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering at our corporate office in Old Bridge, NJ. This person should have experience in digital video and media communications including: MPEG2/H.264 video encoding, IP video transport, and or MPEG video delivery.
Position Available: IP Products Support Technician
The IP Product Support Technician is responsible for supporting IP, video, and data network products in the field, including, but not limited to: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, as well as working closely engineering, sales, marketing, and technical support departments to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The successful candidate will report to Customer Service and Communication Manager and interact closely with Marketing, Engineering, Testing, Manufacturing and QC departments.
- Support products in the field, and assist customers with set-up and implementation problems.
- Understand Video Streaming requirement over IP. (Multicast and IGMP and etc…)
- Communicate product requirements and features per customer/market feedback to Engineering department.
- Demonstrate to customers multiple products’ application/performance using beta or pre-production units
- Prepare Products’ technical specification and instruction manuals
- Provide on-site customer assistance, including integration of products within customer’s existing Ethernet networks or IP network optimization for video streaming applications
- Crosstrain company’s staff who will also be responsible to support the product from its deployment to end-of-life stage
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical of Computer Engineering
- CCNA and/or CCNP certified
- Understanding of Video Streaming requirements over IP (Unicast, Multicast, IGMP, …)
- Knowledge of IP networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, MAPI, SIP, & Web performance parameters.
- Knowledge of IP switches, router and firewalls in Intranet/Internet/Extranet environments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting IP networking protocols, load balancing, and application level protocols. Working knowledge of high availability architectures, VLANs and Routing (L2/3).
- College degree in engineering (electrical is preferred) or computer engineering
- CCIE Routing & Switching Certified.
- Basic understanding of CATV applications and RF distribution over coaxial networks
- UNIX O/S and Windows Server knowledge is a plus, as is understanding of streaming media technologies (RTP/RTSP, MPEG, WMT, Real, QuickTime)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Interested Candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com