Product Firmware Updates
The link below will navigate you to our FTP site where you can download the latest firmware revisions for our products. Please be careful to insure you download the correct file(s) for your particular unit, as there may be more than one model version available depending on the hardware used.
The most accurate way to find the correct file(s) is by Stock Number rather than Model name. Typically Blonder Tongue uses 4 digit stock numbers with subsequent hardware revisions (if deemed a significant change) indicated by a letter at the end (####A). This is important as different firmware files are generally required between revisions. Installing the wrong files can crash the unit, requiring it to be returned to BT for repair!
The instructions below are intended as a general guide only. Please refer to the unit’s Instruction Manual for specific instructions. Depending on the unit, either 1 or 2 files will be required for new revision changes.
NOTE: It is recommended to copy the files to the root directory of your computer ie:
My Computer > C:/
The updating procedure uses the Command Prompt application on your computer. For Windows, it can be found under Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. All commands are case sensitive and file names must be entered exactly. The Command Prompt must be in the same folder as the EPCS file.
- From the Command Prompt, type: (NOTE: There are spaces between “ftp” and “–A” as well as spaces between “–A” and the IP address. This example assumes the default IP address. Use current IP address of the unit.)
ftp -A 172.16.70.1
- After you connect with the FTP server, type:
- Type the following into the next prompt: (NOTE: Use exact file name)
Press ENTER (NOTE: The next command is ONLY for those units requiring 2 file updates)
- Once this command is successfully executed, type:
- To telnet into the unit from the Command Prompt, type: (NOTE: Assumes default IP)
- Log into the unit using the following username:
- Type in the following password:
- Once you are logged in, type:
- Next type the following into the Command Prompt:
- In order for the update to download and install onto the unit, type: (NOTE: There are spaces between “epcs” and “-e1” as well as spaces between “-e1” and the file name. Use exact file name.)
epcs –e1 EPCS_1_ver#.bin
Once epcs –e1 has completed erasing sectors and writing pages, type: (NOTE: ONLY for those units requiring 2 file updates)
epcs –e2 EPCS_2_ver#.bin
The unit must be rebooted once the update has finished being applied to complete the update process. To reboot the unit use telnet and enter the following: